Work To Do








In one of his most banging tunes Champion Requiem Mos Def paints the following picture. He's watching his local b-ball team play, and has had enough of their wackness, so he jumps out of the stands, takes the ball, hits the jumper at the buzzer, flees the stadium before he gets arrested, and then talks about how if you want to see change, you have to go out and motherfucking change shit yourself. Same as Ghandi said, but in a much more badman way.







Yeah but
Mos, sometimes you can't change shit around. Like the nightclub bathroom-attendant on his way to get his free coca-cola from the bar when he clocks the supermodel on the d-floor, knowing he can't do shit about it. Some things in life need to be knowingly appreciated from afar. Some people simply don't have the ability to do the things they'd like to. Like me now.




I've got an itching to write something deep, but i've got absolutely nothing.



I'm waiting on the platform for the HS2 of inspiration having not checked the status of the tracks.







This reminds me of a time i went nitro in Ibiza and lost all power of linear logical thought for a month. 






I started writing absolute balls.


*


This is my bedside table.






On it there are two books and a lamp. I like reading when i am not too tired. I would use the bookmark lying there on top of the first book, but i haven't started the books so it doesn't make much sense. I can't remember where i got the light, i do know that at night it gets pretty hot. I have to be careful not to touch it absent-mindedly on my way to switch it off.



*



I remember the time a while back when i once got a pizza delivery from Domino's.






I was hungry at home and Domino's seemed like a good idea. It was a Sunday night so i knew the delivery time was going to be over 45 minutes. I went for a regular Ultimate Peperoni Feast. The guy on the phone recommended the chicken wings with one of their new dips, but i like the garlic sauce so i said no. For some reason the wings still came. I'm not sure if i paid for them or not. I couldn't finish the whole thing, so my brother did when he got home later on.



*


Here are my toiletries.






I always try and use a Reach firm bristle toothbrush, it feels much better. I like Colgate toothpaste but we must've run out, the Oral B is my flatmates. I've not tried it yet because i've been back home all week. I always finish brushing with Listerine mouthwash. When shaving i like King of Shaves products, it let's you see which spots to concentrate on. I recently bought a Gillette razor with a battery inside that makes it vibrate when you press the button. I'm still not sure what it does, but it feels like it does something. Nivea moisturiser is nice for afterwards. I don't know who left the soap in the basin, but i moved it back after taking the photo. Otherwise the basin would've filled with soapy water. Nobody wants that.



*



When it comes to sockwear i'm pretty consistent.






I only wear white towelling socks. They're comfortable, durable, and i think they look great with my trainers. I discovered a brand that i now stick to - Marks & Spencers do a line of Cool & Fresh Cotton Rich Sports Socks for a good price.






Once i was given these more upmarket coloured socks, made from cashmere and silk. They were nice for a little while, but one wash did for them and they just weren't the same again. On top of this they are more conducive to sweating, and i have to be careful when it comes to managing my foot odour.






*


These are the chairs in the college library. I like the way both the colour and fabric of the chair and the carpet in the library match so well. They're not spot on matches, but very nearly.







This is the chair.







This is the carpet.








The chair is a slightly lighter shade of grey than the carpet.



*



This morning i saw a seed in the crack between two paving slabs.






*



I mean, it got bleak




But funnily enough, people loved it. They said it was some of their favourite blogging i'd ever done.




There's something in there somewhere. About shutting up shop on bullshit and simply being yourself, without continually trying to project some baloney sparkly version of self at all times, i mean odds on people like you for who you are, they've judged you already. The only person continually reassessing your own merit, is you. People have better shit to think about. Something like that. But i don't know what.




You got work to do. I don't know if that work for you. But thass how Mos work it through.







Freeeeestyle.








No comments:

Post a Comment